Everyday, we take steps forward. Sometimes they are as large as a promotion, as useful as paying the bills or as significant as spending focused time with a loved one. What might be the outcome of celebrating a daily win?
- the negative is diminished, the positive is magnified
- successful behaviors are reinforced
- dopamines, released in the brain, bring calm and enhance our emotional well-being
- our perspective is focused on more, rather than less
- neural connections build and strengthen in support of the new ways of thinking and acting
Here are simple ways to increase the celebration in your life.
- Start a routine of sharing a win within your family or team everyday. Cheering, clapping and a few "whoo-hoo's" will improve everyone's sense of well-being.
- Keep a daily reflection journal including that which you are grateful for, along with the win for the day.
- Set aside a few minutes to reflect on what you have achieved each day.
- Include rewards and celebrations for each step along the path to a major goal.
- Be sure to involve others in acknowledging your big wins.
Rewards do not need to be big - a 5 minute break in the sun, a fresh cup of coffee, a call to a friend, a piece of cake, or a cheer. Taking the step, making progress, celebrating each success keeps you focused and energized on the bigger goal.
So what's your win and how can we help you celebrate?
Please post a comment on your win today and join us in celebrating others!